By: Kristi DeGraw-Higgins
1 lbs ground round meet (you can get 1 lb of ground turkey in the frozen food area really cheap)
1 frozen package of peas and carrots
2 lbs potatoes (Bags of mini potato’s bogo this wk at publix red and yellow)
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1 can of cream of mushroom soup
1 lb Worcestershire sauce
1/4-+ cup more Milk or cream (mashed potatoes)
1/2 cup shredded cheese
Garlic Salt, pepper, other seasonings of choice
Mix of garden herbs for seasoning meat (basil, sage, chives, thyme)
1. Peel and quarter potatoes, boil in salted water until tender (about 20 minutes).
2. While the potatoes are cooking, add ground beef and sauté until no longer pink. Add salt and pepper. Add Worcestershire sauce.
3. Defrost frozen veggies in microwave
4. Mix veggies and cream of mushroom soup spread over the bottom of baking dish.
5. Mash potatoes in bowl with milk, parmesan cheese, and season to taste.
6. Place meat in baking dish. Distribute mashed potatoes on top.
Extra wow factor: Rough up with a fork so that there are peaks that will brown nicely. Use a fork to make some designs in the potatoes (or pipe design).
7. Cook in 400-degree oven until bubbling and brown (about 30 minutes).8. Last few min add cheese and brown.